Shinobi Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Role play community and God Modding

2 posters

Go down

The Role play community and God Modding Empty The Role play community and God Modding

Post by Hizato Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:19 am

I have noticed a couple of things on this site. These are serious issues that needs to be addressed and dealt with. I know I'm not an Admin or a Mod but hear me out.

I want to point out something that everyone on this site have been guilty of. And that's God Modding whether or not we like to admit we do it. It seems that each time someone come across another character in the Rp. That are considered their "match or opposite". Or someone that they will be a bad match up against. We run to the creation section and create a new jutsu or weapon. And these jutsus and weapons, will be used to directly combat this opponent. Thus leading almost every time, to some ridiculous overpowered attack or weapon. That are sometimes outside of the Realm of the Naruto Role play period. I will say this now that my fingers are pointing towards everyone even myself. And we should all be ashamed of ourselves.

There needs to be realistic guidelines put in place. I will tell everyone something important that i do before joining a site. And others may also do it. I tend to look over the application of current members. Even the jutsus they are creating. And i will use that to come to a decision about whether i should join the site. You may be wondering how does this relate. Well then imagine a "Guest" visiting the site and they use the same method that i use. Which i am sure a lot of people uses. And they come across the ridiculous God modding crap. Even though we saw its not allowed. What do you think will happen? This will obviously cause the site to miss out on potential members. Which will in turn stop the site from progressing any further.

People tend to God Mod for a number of reasons:

A) They don't want to lose to their opponent.

Well i have news for ya. Get over it. There is such a thing as bad match up. I'm sure we've all seen this in the Manga or Anime. I all for creating a character that is bad ass. But when somethings doesn't even make sense, come on now. That is absolute BS and you know it. Again this little rant is pointed towards everyone including myself.

B) People tend to God mod because they are unfair idiots. Its plain and simple.

I will bring something to everyone's attention. This also involves me. When i just created my character, i thought that having human puppets would be the most bad ass thing on this site. Then i progressed killing a few people and turned a couple more into puppets. *Demizo and Tobimaru must be pissed off at me. Not to mention a few others, but oh well*. Anyway moving on. It is only recently that i realized what it means to the role play. And it can only mean one thing, which is God modding. If i should use human puppets, that would be like using multiple characters while i role-play. Reason being is that, i can use all the jutsu of the person i turned into a puppet. This of course made me ridiculously strong. So i think that human puppets should not be allowed. Regular one's should be alright. And even then we should have a limit of up to five puppets.

Another thing i noticed that needs to be addressed. Is the use of a curse seal. Recently we decided to get rid of the bijuus on the site. This of course were an attempt to rid ourselves of possibly God Modding. And a F*** up storyline. But now it would seem curse seals are now the new Bijuus on the site. People, with myself included. Are starting to create curse seals that grants them ridiculous abilities that are unheard of. Just so that they can make their character bad ass. So i say we should put a couple of regulations on these things. The people guilty of this know themselves.

One more issue on this Rp that needs to be addressed. Are the use of clans. I've noticed some people using multiple clans to make their character overpowered. Things that doesn't even make sense sometimes. And yet we as the Rp community allow these ridiculous things to happen. Well i say we should stand for this nonsense no more. We should stick to the Naruto formula and stop with these things. It will eventually be the site's downfall. I stopped role playing on a couple of site for this exact reason. And i like this site and i wouldn't want that to happen. So please work to make this place role play friendly.

That's it for now. I will raise more issues if i see or remember any. But until then it is this site's most notorious good guy that is actually a bad man speaking Razz. And i would at least expect people to find some truth in this and help to do something about it Very Happy.
Hizato
Hizato
Kage
Kage

Ninja Profile
Health:
The Role play community and God Modding Left_bar_bleue100/100The Role play community and God Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Chakra:
The Role play community and God Modding Left_bar_bleue200/200The Role play community and God Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)
Ryo:
The Role play community and God Modding Left_bar_bleue100000/100000The Role play community and God Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (100000/100000)

Back to top Go down

The Role play community and God Modding Empty Re: The Role play community and God Modding

Post by Matamo Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:22 pm

I under stand completely. I have also noticed this but the problem is, People dont want to lose they want to always win. I am definetly in this category. And i say, "NO MORE!" I think we would should play buy the guide lines of the Naruto Series. So since we are getting ride of all of the bad right now. I will make a cursed seal guide line and many others as i see them pop up.
Matamo
Matamo
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Ninja Profile
Health:
The Role play community and God Modding Left_bar_bleue100/100The Role play community and God Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Chakra:
The Role play community and God Modding Left_bar_bleue126/200The Role play community and God Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (126/200)
Ryo:
The Role play community and God Modding Left_bar_bleue100000/100000The Role play community and God Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (100000/100000)

https://shinobigods.rpg-board.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum